If you have visited Chania just to admire the well known monuments and the famous spots inside the Old Town and the Venetian Harbor, this tour is not for you. This is something that anyone can do and probably you have already done it! We will do something different together! There are streets, buildings, high spots, neighborhoods, monuments that only us, locals, know. We will walk together on the stone paths where the Venetians, the Ottomans and the old Cretans used to live and work.
We will admire the incredible flower decorated neighborhoods, learn about the Cretan history, the Cretan mythology and traditions, meet the locals and eat like locals. Join us in a unique tour through the ages and explore the other side of the city. We will visit neighbourhoods like Topanas, Splantzia, Kolombo and Kasteli, high spots to admire the panoramic view of the harbor, traditional Cretan taverns and magnificent buildings.
Also we will visit the ancient ruins of the greatest Minoan city, Kydonia and the high walls of the Venetian moats, called “Tafros”. The most important thing that you will learn from our tour is that in two hours you will tour and learn about five old civilizations, see their architecture, know about their culture and hear the ancient spirits history and tales!
Optional tavern visit at the end of the tour at an additional cost of 15 euro per person (drinks not included) .We will have a fixed menu with local tasters, meze. Remember to wear sensible shoes for the walk.Tour Highlights
- Discover the 5 civilization greatness in two hours and one city city
- Visit the hidden spots of the Old Town and the Venetian Harbour
- Analytic descriptions of Cretan traditions
- Walk through the stone paths and the narrow streets of the Old Town
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Learn about the history and mythology of Crete
- Optional dinner (extra 15€ per person)
What is included in this tour
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Personal English/Greek/Norwegian speaking guide
Whats not included in this tour.
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Every day – Availability and prices upon request
-If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
Episkopou Chrysanthou 37 str. Chania, Crete, Greece
Children up to 6 years old: Free