Visit to the site of the Marathon Stadium and the place where one of the most decisive battles of the ancient years took place, “The Battle of Marathon” in 490BC, where the Athenians defeated the Persians. This is the place where the original route of the Marathon ran begun, due to an Athenian soldier (Phidipides) who ran to announce the glorious victory against the Persians.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 4 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the rout and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
- Drive through the northern suburbs of Athens you will visit the area of Marathon in the foothills of Pendelikon mountain.
- The Marathon Lake and enjoy the scenery.
- The site of the battle of Marathon in 490 BC where the Athenian defeated the Persians.
- The Marathon museum and the Temple of Artemis in Vravrona.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.