Explore The Navel of the Earth, the center of the ancient Greek world. According to mythology, it is here that two eagles were sent out by Zeus from the end of the universe to find the navel of the world where they met.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION:Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 8 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Please notice that there is a dress code for visits to the monasteries, ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in in long trousers.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the rout and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
- Driving through the plains of Viotia, we pass through the villages of Thives, Livadia and Arachova.
- On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, you will reach “The Navel of Earth” the center of the ancient Greek world.
- Visit the famous sanctuary, where Pythia said her famous oracles, the Temple of Apollo, the Theatre of Apollo, the Modern museum of Delphi, the Stadium and the Palestra, Castalia Spring and the Temple of Athena Pronea,.
- The traditional village of Arachova famous for its hand-woven carpets, where you will have the chance to taste the local cuisine at one of the traditional taverns.
- The Monastery of Holy Lukas on the slope of Elikon Mountain. It is a saved Byzantine monastery with splendid mosaics.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.