We will start our tour from Chania city center around 10:00 in the morning, heading to a magnificent and historical hill where we can admire the panoramic view of the town. The wine roads of Chania lead us to an extraordinary monastery, in the foothills of an old mountain range, built in 17th century by two monks from the ancient traditional Cretan family. The architecture of the building is inspired by famous Veronese architect Sebastiano Serlio. It was burned by the Turks in 1821 and restored in 1892.
The monastery has a great history and huge tradition in winemaking and olive oil production. The monks produce Cretan and international varieties of wine like “Romeiko”, “Muscat of Alexandria”, “Trebianno”, “Cabernet” etc. Taste the extra virgin olive oil on traditional Cretan rusk with own-made cheese and fresh tomato accompanied with the best Cretan wine varieties. Also inside the monastery there are two museums with magnificent treasures. One will show us the history of the monastery and the other one will present us the Cretan way of living and the wine-making in the past.
After leaving the monastery with a unique taste on our palate we will visit a wonderful nature park, a gorgeous oasis only a few kilometres away from the city center. We can admire and walk through the pure nature, smell the blooming vegetation and hear the birds singing. The last visit depends on the weather and the season. Alternatively we will visit the ancient city of Aptera and the Venetian fortress.
- Wine tasting in Cretan and international varieties
- Visit the traditional old cellar
- Incredible museum exhibits
- Details about winemaking tradition in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Walk through the pure nature
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Chauffeured private tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
- Learn how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meat or cheese
- Discover the history and mythology of Crete
What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Entrance fee for the Monastery and museums
- Wine and food tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
What’s not included in this tour.
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.
Children 2-6 years old: Free