Discover the beautiful Christian churches and monasteries in a peaceful, private and luxury way! Follow the Christian and Byzantine history and culture from ancient time to present day.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 8 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Please notice that there is a dress code for visits to the monasteries, ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in in long trousers.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the rout and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
Starting from your hotel in Athens
- On the red cliffs of Mount Parnona there is a canyon that goes into the mountain for several miles and comes out to the Monastery of Elona. The Monastery symbolized an icon of hope during the Turkish occupation for Greeks throughout the province of Arkadia. The hope that one day the Greeks would be free by the brutal occupation of the Ottoman Empire. It is said that the villagers of Cosmas (a village near Elona) one evening witnessed a bright glow shining from a cliff. At first they thought the light was perhaps a figment of their imagination, yet for the next few nights the light kept appearing, and they knew it was impossible for any human being to be able to physically sit or climb up that rough and rocky cliff, the bright glow came from the icon of Virgin Mary.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.