Meteora in Greek means suspended in the mid air and there is no better way to enjoy this magical place because hot-air balloon rides provide bird’s-eye views of breathtaking landscape with unobstructed views. Our Meteora sunrise flights are scheduled seven days a week, 365 days a year, weather permitting. We do start early, but a balloon flight at Meteora is worth waking up before dawn. Set your alarm to be ready for about 5.30 am for the arrival of the Meteora Balloons mini-bus. Once at the balloon launch site, our staff will greet you with hot drinks and snacks.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Meteora. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 1,5 hours.|
|WEAR||Light Jacket, Sunglass, Camera for photos
Local operator reserves the right to modify the rout and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
- You will be able to watch our pilot and crew inflating the balloon and preparing for take-off. When you are comfortably in the basket, your pilot will give a full flight safety briefing, explaining the landing procedures.Meteora has one of the most famous and photographed landscapes in the world and from the air the view is magical.
- The joy of ballooning is that no flight is ever the same. There is limited steerage with a hot air balloon – it can only go where the wind takes it – and this makes each balloon flight an adventure. Your itinerary is shaped by the wind flow, ensuring that your experience is unprecedented and never replicated.
- After approximately one hour your pilot will determine a suitable landing site – one with easy access for the crew and your minibus. The pilot will remind you of the landing procedure, and then bring the balloon back down to earth, gently…
- After landing, we will join together in a celebratory glass of champagne, the balloonists’ favorite drink!