Discover the beautiful Christian churches and monasteries in a peaceful, private & luxury way! Follow the Christian and Byzantine history and culture from ancient time to present day.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 5 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Please notice that there is a dress code for visits to the monasteries, ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in in long trousers.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the rout and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
Starting from your hotel in Athens you will visit:
- The Monastery of Hosios Loukas, one of the finest, 11th century Byzantine monuments in Greece, is set on a pictures slope on the western foothills of Mount Helikon, near the ancient town of Steiri.The monastery’s two large churches (the Church of Panagia and the Katholikon), its Crypt, belfry, monk’s cells and other buildings, all devoted to the local, miracle-making Hosios, have a unique standing as they are considered paragons among all 11th century monuments in Greece.
The visitor apart from the Temples can admire the splendid view and enjoy the all-around green landscape and be revived from the splendid climate.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.