Today we will travel through wonderful nature’s landscapes. Up to the mountains of Kissamos region, we will learn about wine varieties of the traditional family winery, established in 1993, with specialized knowledge on wine making and fresh ideas for modern processes of farming and wine production. We will sit between the olive trees, smelling the blossoms, diving deep into the nature’s miracle, tasting awarded local ‘’Vidiano’’, ‘’Muscat of Spinas’’, and some international varieties like ‘’Grenache Rouge’’, ‘’Syrah’’, ‘’Mouverde’’, that take a special taste because of the local Terroir.
An incredible taste stays on our palate while we leave the winery, heading through an extraordinary path to traditional Cretan villages. In the winter time we smell the humid lands and the air whispering the winter’s songs, but in the summer time we enjoy watching the blooming vegetation and hearing the birds singing. Then we will visit an old village and the museum of oldest olive tree in the world which age is estimated at 3000 years old. The miracle of nature stands proud in front of us and its deep roots hold it through the ages.
This is a day full of wine tasting, different expressions of those noble grapes, and delicious food tasting. We continue our journey heading to a beautiful winery in Kissamos region. We will taste a special local blended white wine with ‘’Vilana’’, ‘’Vidiano’’ and ‘’Assirtiko’’ varieties and we will walk through the vineyards into an idyllic landscape. Also we will visit the olive oil factory that the family possesses and learn about the extra virgin olive oil production. The wine tasting accompanied with extra virgin olive oil and local pure products is a combination that your palate will never forget. Now we will see the Cretan way to say goodbye, drinking the awarded ‘’Tsikoudia’’.
- Taste different varieties of Cretan and international wine
- Details about wine making traditions in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Walk through the pure nature
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Explore the cellars of each winery and see where the wine is bottled and matured
- Visit the oldest olive tree in the world and admire incredible museum exhibits
- Visit the art gallery of the first winery
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Chauffeured private tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
- Learn how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meat or cheese
- Discover the history and mythology of Crete
What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Museum entrance fee
- Wine and food tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
Whats not included in this tour.
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Travel insurance
Every Tuesday – Wednesday – Friday
- Pick up times
- Tour Starts
- Terms & Conditions
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- Create Your Private Tour With Us
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.
- Children Price
Children 2-6 years old: Free
Children 7-12 years old: -10% Off