Explore the beautiful city of Nafpaktos, the capital of Nafpaktia region in the Prefecture of Aetoloakarnania, and it is one of the oldest towns in Greece, with a history of more than 3500 years.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 10 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Please notice that there is dress code for visits to the monasteries, ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in in long trousers.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the rout and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
- The town of Nafpaktos.
- The well remained castle that dominates the hill with the pinewoods behind the city.
- The Venetian harbour.
- The traditional houses in the centre of the city with their narrow cobbled stoned streets.
- Botsari’s family mansion which has been converted into a museum.
- The two crystal clear beaches of the city, Psani and Gribovo.
- Visit the Holy Abbey of Saint Augustine Ipponos and Saint Serafeim of Sarof. (Trikorfo Doridos outside of Nafpactos).
The holy Abbey of Saint Augustine Ipponos and Saint Serafim of Sarof is one of the most beautiful modern monasteries of Greece. It can boast that it allocates the largest belfry in the world. 400 bell chimes and 60 bells transport everywhere the message of Christianity especially to young people that visit the holy Abbey by thousands.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.