Explore the gigantic rocks of Meteora which dominate imposingly in Kalambaka between the mountains of Koziaka and Antichasion. Nature reveals all its greatness for centuries now, while it constitutes a unique beauty, geological phenomenon and an important monument of Orthodoxy. Meteora have been characterized as the second Mount Athos and continue the monastic tradition for six centuries.
U.N.E.S.C.O has characterized Holy Meteora as a monument of Humanity that has to be maintained. So the monasteries of Meteora are included in the Monuments of the world cultural Heritage.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION:Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 13 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Please notice that there is a dress code for visits to the monasteries, ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in in long trousers.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the rout and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
- The famous Thermopiles, Leonidas statue, where the famous battle between Leonidas and the 300 Spartans against the Persians took place.
- The gigantic rocks of Meteora dominate imposingly in Kalambaka between the mountains of Koziaka and Antichasion.
- The most famous of the 6 remainder monasteries. From the 24 monasteries today only six are occupied while the remainder 15 are uninhabited. Today, the tradition of Orthodoxy is continued by the Holy monastery of the Great Meteoro, the Varlaam monastery, the Holy Trinity monastery and the Saint Nicholas Anapafsas monastery which are male dominated monasteries although Saint Stefan and Roussano are female dominated monasteries.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.