Explore the birth place of the Olympic Games! In the beautiful valley of the Alpheios river, lays the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, dedicated to Zeus, the father of the gods, it sprawls over the southwest foot of Mount Kronios, at the confluence of the Alpheios and the Kladeos rivers, in a lush, green landscape. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Its fame rests upon the Olympic Games, the greatest national festival highly prestigious world-wide, which was held every four years to honor Zeus.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 13 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the route and alter the itinerary in case of a force majeure or reasons beyond our control
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
- The Corinth canal (Isthmus) with its breath-taking view.
- The archaeological site with the Temple of Hera, the Temple of Zeus and the museum.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.