Explore the historical island of Ajax (Aias) in a private & luxury way! Follow the history from ancient time to present day.
Visit the largest island of the Saronic gulf called Salamis.The island is known for the Battle of Salamis, the decisive naval victory of the allied Greek fleet, led by Themistocles, over the Persian Empire in 480 BC. Its outcome,the victory of the Greeks, rescued and developed the Greek civilization which after spread to the West and the world.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Athens. Our driver with his vehicle will be waiting at the exact spot that you have arranged according to the scheduled time of your appointment.
|START TIME||The date and time you will inform us.|
|END TIME||After 8 hours.|
|WEAR||Footwear with rubber soles and sun hat.
Local operator reserves the right to modify the route and alter the itinerary in case of national holidays, strikes or any reason beyond his/her control.
- Free cancellation: 7 days prior to date of activity
- 20% cancellation fee: between 4 – 6 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% cancellation fee: less than 4 days before the date of activity.
|Month||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
You will visit:
- Arrival to the island with the local ferry (there are frequent boat connections to mainland every 15minutes).
- The small port of the island
- The Folklore & Navy Museum
- The Archaeological Museum
- The Modern theatre of Euripides
- The Circular Funerary monument of the 4th cent. BC
- Monument of the famous Navy Battle
- The Monastery of Faneromeni
- Walk to a mountain
- A traditional factory of oil soap
- A beautiful windmill built in the 1700’s
- Crystal clean beaches