Follow us to the extraordinary journey through the Cretan flavours and taste the real Cretan way of life. Up in the high peaks of the White Mountains we will prepare with you some traditional and extremely tasty home-made dishes. Using only healthy bio and organic Cretan ingredients like extra-virgin olive oil, fresh vegetables picked from our own garden, local meat, dairy products and the most aromatic herbs.
You will have the chance to walk around our vegetable gardens to see, feel, smell, touch and taste the pure products of Mother Earth. We’ll also reveal the secrets of local herbs, how the Cretan olive oil affects the people’s health and useful tips about the local products we will use. We will prepare a traditional Cretan recipe with our own hands, learn how we, Cretans, cook.
After our magnificent cooking experience we will follow a path into the mountain walking inside the pure nature. Exploring the area, we will see the traditional Cretan shepherds hut called ”Mitato”, we will enter an olive field and see how we harvest the olives and learn more about the flowers and the blooming vegetation. Returning to the house you will taste delicious Cretan wine paired with local cheese and prepare some appetizers like “Ntakos” and “Tzatziki”. The view of the mountain is breathtaking right out of our window. Enjoying the extraordinary wine you will feel just like it’s the heaven on earth! Meanwhile our meal will be ready. We will taste our own dishes, paired with fruity local wine and taste some traditional jar desserts at the end. The healthy and unique Mediterranean diet and the well known Cretan food, has already been revealed in front of your eyes.
- Introduction and welcome drink
- Vegetable picking from our own garden
- Walking up to the mountain paths and exploring nature
- Cooking lessons in traditional Cretan recipes
- Taught in the private home kitchen of a local
- Hear the stories and origins behind each dish
- Secret rooms will present Crete through the ages
- Preparing the appetizers and dessert
- Wine tasting combined with cheese platters in Cretan varieties
- Savor the freshly made dinner along with good Cretan wine
- Discovering the secrets of the healthy Mediterranean diet
- Enjoying the fantastic view of Aegean Sea and the mountain around
- A nice surprise at the end
- Guiding by the place owners
What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Wine and food tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group cooking class
- Cooking lesson and meal
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your lunch
- Commemorative gifts
- Recipes and photos taken on tour are sent electronically via e-mail
What’s not included in this tour
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Travel insurance
Every Monday and Wednesday
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.
Every Day Upon Request (Min pax: 4)